High Blood Pressure
An assessment of the screening, education programs, follow-up and health benefits offered by the employer to address high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a focus of the questions in these sections of the ScoreCard.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
During the past 12 months, did your worksite:
75. Provide free or subsidized blood pressure screening (beyond self-report) followed by directed feedback and clinical referral when appropriate?
76. Provide brochures, videos, posters, pamphlets, newsletters or other written or online information that address the risks of high blood pressure?
77. Provide a series of educational seminars, workshops or classes on preventing and controlling high blood pressure?
78. Provide one-on-one or group lifestyle counseling and follow-up monitoring for employees with high blood pressure or prehypertension?
79. Provide free or subsidized self-management programs for blood pressure control and prevention?
80. Make blood pressure monitoring devices available with instructions for employees to conduct their own self assessments?
81. Provide health insurance coverage with no or low out-of-pocket costs for blood pressure control medications?